Beauty Edit | Nails inc Sparkle Like a Unicorn Nail Polish Duo

Two months into this blogging game and I think it’s about time for a beauty post don’t you?

I’m starting with Nails inc’s Sparkle like a unicorn nail polish duo. When I first saw these on their Facebook page I knew I had to have them, I’m a BIG fan of anything “unicorn”. If its stationery that’s an added bonus, if I can WEAR it, even better!

I have a massive stash of Nail inc polishes and alas I procrastinated for too long and by the time I looked again that evening they were sold out, sold out EVERYWHERE. I was gutted. I don’t buy a lot of polishes as I tend to wear one colour all the time (Hampstead Grove if you’re interested). For these, however, I had been willing to make an exception.

nails inc sparkle like a unicorn box

I mean look at them! I had to wait a good month before they finally came back into stock, and when they did (on my birthday, fate or WHAT!) I didn’t waste any time, I got my order in STRAIGHT this time, I wasn’t missing out!

As soon as they arrived I was eager to try them out and experiment. On closer inspection, the colours were even more vivid than I had first thought.

nails inc sparkle like a unicorn colour options

The paler colour was very light. It took a good three coats to get an even coverage, but when you did it was a lovely effect as the colour change from blue to purple as they catch the light.

nails inc sparkle like a unicorn pot and review

The second colour was still nice but I think I’ll keep it for my toes and as an “accent” nail colour, it was a little too “loud” for me to use all over for day to day wear. Interestingly this one was a “one coat wonder” so I can see I’ll be running out of one well before the other.

Overall I’m really happy with the set, I’ve worn it for a few weeks now and lots of people have commented on them and asked where they are from. It’s a new fav for me, grab yours now before they sell out, it’s still a limited edition!

What do you think of the colours? Have you tried them? I’d love the hear what you think.

signature

7:04 pm

13 Comments

1. July 7, 2017 / 7:46 pm

I have heard loads of people talking about this nail varnish brand! everyone seems to love it! I also followed you on Instagram!

2. July 8, 2017 / 11:51 am

I love these colours! So pretty! I prefer the bluey / purple one <3 xx

3. July 9, 2017 / 12:45 am

Omg these unicorn inspired colours are amazing!!! Lovely the metallic finish. I normally go for matte finishes atm but these are great for nights out. Will have to buy some for myself x

Amanda | http://ldnrose.com

4. July 11, 2017 / 11:35 am

Oh my lord that nail polish! I need it in my life like right now. Those colours are just stunning, the first colour would be my favourite, love the shimmer in them!

Jordanne || Thelifeofaglasgowgirl.co.uk

5. July 13, 2017 / 4:13 pm

Loving the look of this set, gorgeous colours. I just painted my nails a purple from a Rimmel collection but don’t have much selection of nail varnishes at all. I want to stock up on more Autumnal colours as I have a lot of pastels, these look like they’ll do the job in the next season.
    Lois x

6. July 13, 2017 / 4:18 pm

Ohhh this is such a gorgeous set of polishes! Unlike you I have millions of nail polishes I’d love to add these to my collection though! I actually really like the shade on your ‘accent’ nail!
    PaleGirlRambling xo

7. July 13, 2017 / 4:25 pm

I love Nails Inc, these colours are so pretty!!xx

8. July 13, 2017 / 4:33 pm

I’m a huge fan of unicorns too, and have kept my unicorn plushie that was a Christmas gift about ten years ago. Im loving the look of that pale shade!

9. July 13, 2017 / 5:49 pm

Unicorns all the way! I had never heard of this brand and products but the nail polish looks fab! I really like the color! xx corinne

10. July 14, 2017 / 4:54 am

I actually really like them both, but I’m the opposite as you – I think the paler one would look awful on my skin tone haha. I’d love to see more beauty blogs from you! Great post <3